Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 225, Nov 19, 2011

Setting up the tree - finally!

Compared to the past years, setting up the tree around this time was much later done... but coinciding with Christ the King, and the beginning of Advent by next Sunday. So technically,  I'm still on time (assuming I get to finish the tree in a day).

This is, of course, our spanking brand new 8-feet tree which I got almost a month ago form National Bookstore - I mean, had I not seen how comparatively cheap the tree's price was, I wouldn't even bother getting a new tree (though I was contemplating on such a move, should our old tree prove to be unstable), and since I was in the mood... why not a taller one at that?

As is my usual style, I set up the tree at the same time that I'm laying out the lights... hence the need to start testing the lights even as the tree is slowly being assembled. I also decided on today (as opposed to yesterday) because I know I wold not feel comfortable if the tree were not finished as guests would arrive for last night's dinner. Looks like I made the right call - it looks like setting up this tree will take more than a day. Oh yeah, I spared no effort nor expense in deciding to get new sets of lights, so we need not worry about lights failing on us as Christmas approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment