Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 208, Nov 02, 2011

Its beginning to look like...

Christmas is really a little more than a month away - and stores, just like this Starbucks, are beginning to show this by way of setting up their Christmas decors.

A few weeks ago, I started seeing some Christmas trees set up in display windows of National Bookstore, but that was superficial, as the rest of the bookstore had not yet set up their decors within the rest of the store... not so here. Starbucks has set up their Christmas look, and it really is a reminder to everyone that the season is fast approaching.

Naturally, the look and feel wouldn't be complete if there weren't any Christmas carols being sung -  and though this was not done, the store's piped-in music was indeed sharing Christmas music.

In my more cynical days, I'd say 'marketing gimmick' - and though it is true... it still is great to see small pockets of this... small reminders, if you will, of Christmas. After all, regardless of what age I celebrated it, Christmas remains a happy holiday - one I intend to practice and share... specially with what is happening with Barbie's family... after all, Christmas is all about peace, hope and love. I don't know about you - but those are worthy goals to me... if not globally, at least, with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment