Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 196, Oct 21, 2011

Playing catch up:

For the most part, the issues seen here are - well, older than the newer releases. The reason I just got them is simple... they were not around in my usual haunts. Take for example the Action comics relaunch number 1. Sold out in its first printing, there only seemed to be the need to await the second printing for me to get myself a copy.

As a collector, I would have frowned upon this - after all, there is the artificial value consideration that a first printing may have over its succeeding printing - but to me... one who doesn't really care for such idiosyncrasies as a necessity, I'd still go for the second printing because I'm just after the story. In fact, I may even opt for the compiled version instead. I also got Birds of Prey, Resurrection Man, Children's Crusade and Spider-man... the DC titles to try them out, and the Marvel ones to cover some gaps in my collection. Batwoman seems to be the only real new item in the this batch... but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment