Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 288, Jan 21, 2012

Sashimi:

I normally bring Bryce to school Saturday mornings - after which, I go to Greenhills every other week to check out a weekend market and see what seafood items I can get for us to cook during the weekend.

This particular week, I got shrimp, squid, salmon belly, oysters and marveled at the tuna and salmon being sold. I thought they would be great if the market vendors sold as sashimi - which is basically these fishes sliced to near bite size and eaten fresh. I then went on to buy some fruits and vegetables and on my way back to the car, I spotted this man slicing some salmon into sashimi cuts. It was only then that I realized that they did sell the fishes in sashimi slices - I just had to ask them to do it.

So ask I did. I bought half a kilo of sashimi and proceeded to have this for lunch with Barbie. Salmon, is, after all, one of the better tating sashimi - so long as they are fresh. So aside from my getting the items I said on a regular basis, I will get salmon and tuna sashimi on a semi-regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment