Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 272, Jan 05, 2012

Meeting:

This was done at the PhoenixOne premises in Makati, and the agenda simply had two items - a review of 2011 and plans for 2012.

Regarding the first, we just summarized what we did right... what our strengths as facilitators were. Let me just point out that we - meaning my colleagues and I, do have a lot of strengths - but we did not really voice them out as we might come across as haughty, and to put it simply, we see our strengths as more like SOPs. Nothing really extraordinary there, so we (or at least, I) don't really place it as a strength. Do I underestimate us by doing so? I don't think so. If anything, I guess it makes us keep on our toes.

As for the 2nd option? I do hope it happens - namely the possibility of spreading the opportunities and not just relying on Accenture as a client. I mean, after close to 10 years of training there, I do need a change of environment. I'd like to add IBM to my repertoire. Another possibility is the more project related option. That would be cool - but whichever option happens, I hope that Phoenix can give me more work time or a higher rate... because I need to earn more... and based on my discussions with a few others, we're looking at it the same way.

Well... good luck to us. But as some people also say - we should make our own luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment