Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 275, Jan 08, 2012

Banana-Q:

Normally served skewered in a barbecue stick, this sweet snack is made up of caramelized (via brown sugar) and deep fried bananas. Ideally, they're supposed to be just right to the bite - meaning not too soft as they may just fll out of the stick.

Well this afternoon's snack happens to be the above-mentioned delicacy, and what we do at home is to add some powdered milk to the banana, thus giving it a sweet and milky taste when we bite into it. I had to hold myself back as I could have easily consumed three of these babies - okay, maybe six... but I wanted others to have a chance to taste this snack. As it is, I'm sure a lot of people on diet will want to pass up the cahnce to enjoy this... but not I. You can't be a real pinoy if you don't like banana-q.

Being a bit lazy, I simply placed the camera on close up shot mode and clicked a few times. The result, as seen, is a slightly macro shot - tightly focused in teh middle, with a tendency to blur as we move outwards. I did not use any flash for this picture, though I tried using it... but it was still harshly looking. Hence this non flash option became the better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment