Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 279, Jan 12, 2012

Juke Box:

I like this contraption. It hies back to the 50's - days when Rock and Roll was the generational dividing line, and Soda Fountains or Shops were the in thing... and oh yes, lets not forget the Juke Box that supposedly had 45s (vinyl) in them, and you could select what to play for a few coins.

Well believe it or not, this item beside me is a CD player - but its designed with the same principle in mind - namely have a great number of songs, ready for your choosing and listening pleasure.

As A kid, I could recall seeing some of these things in malt shops lie A&W or Dairy Queen, or I vaguely remember one of my mom's company outing where we went swimming, and I saw one of these - found a favorite song of mine in it ans started playing the same song again and again and again (Paul McCartney and the Wings' Live and Let Die... what can I say, I was a James Bond fan?)

The point is, I liked this CD player designed to remind us of the hey days of said juke boxes - did I ever say I'm a bit of an Anachronist? Well now you know, right? Oh yeah... I've learned... if I should ever ask anyone to take my pic with my camera, I just set it to auto mode - that way, I need not worry about blurred pics of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment