Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 283, Jan 16, 2012

The Chipmunks!

If you're my age, I'm sure you've heard of or have seen cartoons about the Chipmunks - Theodore, Simon and of course, Alvin. The three would be seen singing songs and I'm sure I probably hummed along with them. Believe it or not, my parents even got me a long playing album of the Chipmunks singing Beatles songs, which I played again and again until I memorized all the songs  (and that is how I got introduced to the Beatles).

Timewarp to the present - the Chipmunks now appear in live-action/computer generated movies (I believe the latest one is their third movie) and maybe a new generation is getting to know them - but my generation... including Fiel; as seen in this picture, still fondly remember the Chipmunks, and maybe watch the movie - though I prefer watching them in TV, as I feel that with the current prices of movies, these kind of movies are not must see ones.

Still... as you can see with Fiel's face, its still a pleasure to think of these three... so much so that Fiel won't care with what others say about him posing with the statues of these three, with a bit of a suspension of realism... if only to imagine one's self actually having their pictures taken with the three (imagined to be live) Chipmunks.

Heck, I would have wanted a picture with these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment