Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 260, Dec 24, 2011


Reunions:

Yup... 'tis the season once more. When I get to rub elbows with relatives I've hardly seen, talked to and for some even recognize. But at least, this reunion is a happy one - as opposed to, say, meeting up in someone's funeral.

Its a time for us to play catch-up, of sorts... and find out what's been happening to some of my cousins' lives, and I only lament the fact that we'll most likely see each other New Years' (and maybe not even) or next Christmas. So why is this the trend? I don't know... I guess my life's been so isolated from theirs that I hardly find reason to link up with them in non-special occasions. I try to find occasions to join my dad, or  be with my mom's family as well - but these occasions don't just show up entirely. In fact, I doubt I'm in their radar when talks and plans of 'family' trips come to mind. 

I could blame my mom for isolating us... I could also consider distance as a factor in making me bump into them less often... but the fact remains that I've grown and set a life independent of this or that tribe. Sometimes, I feel the loss of possible wisdom said tribe could have given me - just sometimes. After all, moping about it won't get me anywhere. So I just continue on - and be thankful for these brief glimpses about them in FB... and of reunions like this. Meanwhile, I can also consider the possible aggravation that such close proximity could have given me too, and think that my mom had her reasons... and distance? Well, that is less of a hindrance now.

Who knows? Maybe next year will give me more opportunities to be closer to these tribes.

No comments:

Post a Comment