Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 254, Dec 18, 2011

Decorated Tree:

For the record, the tree was fully decorated a few days ago - however, being as hectic the days are, I've not had time to post the picture I took of our tree - until now.

As usual, Barbie did all the decorating - as is her traditional responsibility - I take care of setting up the tree and lights, while she is responsible for the decors all around our home... except for a few highlights done by me, here and there.

Personally, I'm glad she rose to the challenge of decorating the tree this year, as she had voiced out the fact that she was no where near looking forward to the Christmas celebration this year - with her dad recently passed away.

Guess my decision to buy a new and taller tree - complete with a new set of lights rubbed off on her... making her want ot decorate the tree again. I'm glad my idea worked too. SO there you have it, our new tree - proud as can be. Sometimes, we take how our tree looks for granted - until we see others... friends and family alike, with their tree. Not to belittle their efforts, mind you... but for me, I would like to show the importance of Christmas by putting effort on making sure our tree is well built, lighted and spruced up. After all, it does me proud to hear neighbors comment on how lovely our tree looks. It is the centerpiece to our place's Christmas celebration.

For this picture, I wanted to emphasize the decors as against the lights - and besides, I believe I already showed the tree lighted. This was to prove the tree was decorated as well, hence tree lights off - room lights on.

No comments:

Post a Comment