Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 257, Dec 21, 2011

Christmas party:

This is our - and when I say our, I mean my and my colleagues, second Christmas party with Phoenix One. As Christmas parties go, this one was okay. It had food, games - in a manner of speaking, raffles, and beer... which I and two other friends (Jingo and Brian) appreciated until the midnight hour.

For the most part, our relationship with Phoenix One has had a lot of bumps - but they have likewise given us a lot of leeway too. There is also the trust they show, and on our end we do not abuse said trust. Its a unique working relationship - one that has lasted for two years - and looks to be ready to start with a third year. Here's hoping it becomes an even better working relationship for everyone concerned... otherwise, here's hoping we get better deals. I hate sounding like a mercenary - but in essence, that is what I am in another name... a freelance... a consultant... and my main concern is to have enough to save for not just my needs - but for my family's as well.

In the meantime, Christmas parties like this bring us closer to the larger PhoenixOne 'family' - and I for one am glad to have that feeling of belonging... specially in the Christmas season. By the way, the ham and spaghetti give-away was very useful and I do hope, well appreciated. You see,  I gave them to a more deserving family. Through Barbie's company - JJMP, we already have our share of ham and other necessary item. So... time to share our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment