Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 244, Dec 08, 2011

Family:

Christmas is often connected (and rightly so) with the birth of Jesus Christ - but I think there is something not being emphasized that is of great importance too... that of the family.

Yes we always see the nativity scene portrayed in many instances - and of course, this also connects Jesus... but let's not forget his parents (or surrogates) in this instance... Joseph for starters, and most especially Mary.

Today's date is likewise significant for Mary as it is the commemoration of the Immaculate Conception... a purely Catholic practice, if historical references are to be believed. Hence my taking this close-up of the Holy Family decor (not the first time I've done this either)... I wanted to somehow remember this day appropriately enough as one connected to Mary, mother of us all... and perfectly pure vessel for Christ. See? I am still a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment