Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 240, Dec 04, 2011

Gateway tree:

The Gateway in Cubao happens to be a place I rarely go to these days, and given that reality, when I was asked by Barbie to go to Gateway so she could do a work-related task, I did not mind the fact... even if the entire day was mostly rain-filled.

Good thing too, because this meant that there were not too many people in the streets nor at the mall - so the usual X-mas shopping crowds were not there. This allowed me to find parking (slightly challenging) and while Barbie was completing a reservation in Max's, Bernice and I were simply looking around in the mall's Fully Booked branch where I looked around for something interesting.

What I found out was simply too good to pass up. Simply put, I realized that the bookstore had a 20% discount for most of the books - prompting me to buy two books (one for Bernice) and two compilations. After the bookstore - which was just our way of passing time while waiting for Barbie, we went looking around a bit - and I then took a picture of the mall's multi-storied tree (as can be seen in the picture), which was apparently the mall's decor highlight. We then enjoyed some ice cream from Dairy Queen, before heading back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment