Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 256, Dec 20, 2011

Cinnamon delights:

These great tasting treats were one of several items brought home by Bernice after enjoying an overnight birthday party - out of town (in Batangas). One thing that Bernice and I discussed, as part of my allowing her to go with her classmates, was to bring home pasalubong.

But pasalubong aside, how did I consider allowing Bernice to go out of town with her classmates? For starters, it has to be an exercise in trust. I trust her classmates - and her. I needed to show this to Bernice. I hope that she appreciates it... and not just for her enjoyment either. I want her to appreciate my openness. Barbie always complains that her dad never allowed her to go out with friends at such an age... but should I follow such a strict approach, would I be making Bernice rebel and just do the same when Barbie and I are not looking?

Then again, would my allowing her make her become more free spirited anyway? Its a fine line I tread. I just hope that trust will beget trust, and that Bernice will not give me cause for feeling disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment