Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 255, Dec 19, 2011

Mixer of my dreams:

Way back in High School, I started having a strong liking to music... mostly pop and dance music. You see, I was not the most popular guy in school and social circles - but by being knowledgeable in, and with party music I hoped for some kind of equalizer.

In some instance, that worked - and more so with my friend/classmate of like interest, H.B. who happened to have the equipment that could allow us to practice our hobby - which was being the party D.J. No surprise then that I found myself getting to know how to use these equipment, as the one in this picture shows (a multi-channeled mixer worthy of any studio), granted... our toys back then were - when compared to this, toys indeed.

This particular piece of equipment was lying around in the pantry area of the Global1 Accenture site, and I could not help but admire it - at least, enough to grab my camera and try to experiment with ways to capture it - after all, I was, at this point, mixing two passions of mine - music mixing and photography. As you can see, I opted for a macro shot to emphasize the size of this mixer.

I hope to some day get to use such an equipment in a studio. Hmmm... is it too late to consider myself a music producer?

No comments:

Post a Comment