Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 247, Dec 11, 2011

Eclipse:

For a moment, I thought I would not be able to see this. Today's weather was continuous rain, and with that came rain clouds - thick ones, since it was nearly raining the entire day.

Still, I tried looking outside when the rain subsided - though with a half resigned manner of expectation. Instead I saw relatively clear skies and a moon in the process of regaining its light - but while that was not yet the case, we had a blood red moon (as this picture shows).

That said, I don't know if other cultures practice moon worship - and if so, what is the meaning of an eclipse? Who knows. One thing for sure, it will not be connected to creatures out of Stephanie Mayer's novels. Nope... we live in a more mundane plane of existence.

So, how was the taking of this picture? Tiring comes to mind. I was literally trying to find the perfect spot for taking the picture, while setting up the tripod, but it isn't that easy at all. I had no stool to sit, my tripod could not do a full 90 degree look up - sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment