Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 192, Oct 17, 2011

Bulletin Board:

When I think about it, I've always seen these things in school (as early as Grade School actually - up to College days) and in offices - at least, the offices that needed a venue to keep people updated. Its basically a tool to communicate with their members, community, colleagues.

So if an organization is relatively small, maybe the bulletin board isn't that much a needed tool for communication and reaching out, as such organizations would use the huddle or status meetings as venue for the news and other tidbits that usually find themselves posted in these boards.

I've always taken these things for granted - for the most part, ignoring them in school... after all, what do they have to tell me? Then again, it may be that I was never really the intended audience - so the contents and layout were not attractive to me. In college, I even rarely helped the organizations I joined to update these things; though there was this computer-related drawing I did once to help promote the organization once.

These days, I look at the bulletin boards of the floors in Accenture - it gives me ideas on what's going on. Activities done, certain announcements, reminders - and yes, even policies. For the most part, i just give them a passing glance - but when I'm really bored while waiting for my time to lecture, I scan these items. Find out what's happening in the community, maybe even trawl for ideas I can use in my talks and lectures. Thus I find myself enjoying them more these days - just don't expect me to organize the contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment