Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 185, Oct 10, 2011

More comics!

Yes, I got these onver the weekend too - albeit, separate from the previous batch I showed. These were from my Greenhills pull list, as the sales people there are starting to remember me and do set aside certain titles for my consideration. This time, its more DC related titles - with a lot of them being part of the Newly revamped DCU.

So which titles did I fancy? Well there's Voodoo - although this Voodoo happens ot be entirely different from the one in the WildCATS days of Image... very different - and I'm still on the fence about whether to pursue this or not. I mean, aside from the gratuitous sexy poses, the story has yet to convince me this is worth continuing. Flash looks promising - and the way his costume comes out is a different take on the old jumping from the ring thing. This seems better - but I wonder if Barry Allen will ever realize that this world is not his original one - but a different one. Will he once again pursue the change to how things really were? Aquaman was great! Then again - the creative team is the reason. Geoff and Ethan - whew... Red Hood was interesting too (with more gratuitous sexy scenes care of Starfire), and Chaykin's Avengers of the 50's is interesting... and worth looking further into. So there.. the rest? Well, as I can't recall, they're relatively negligible, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment