Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 178, Oct 03, 2011

Light:

I was curious... this after looking straight up and catching a glimpse of the design patterns of the light's housing - after all, I wanted to see if this could be captured while the light was on.

So I grabbed my camera, leaned back on a table, focused, and took the shot - okay... several shots actually, as I experimented with combinations of focus and aperture.

Needless to say, maybe after the 7th shot - and after trial and error, I finally got the picture I was relatively satisfied with... relatively, since I was just able to get a glimpse of the pattern  - and not a full blown clear version (at least, not with the lights on, anyway). Oh well... if you look close enough, you'll notice all the holes of the ceiling. I tried tweaking the picture post-shot... but later decided, never mind. This little exercise helped me become familiar (once again) with how to use my camera's manual settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment