Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 183, Oct 08, 2011

Comics for the Week:

Yup, this happens to be my stash for the week. Nowadays, I find myself getting my collection more form the Greenhills branch of Filbars - I mean, I still go to the Greenbelt branch, but the convenience of the Greenhills branch is - hands down - a whole lot easier to go to. Specially since I frequent Greenhills almost every weekend.

That said, my titles for this week did come from Greenbelt - and are more Marvel oriented - with just one DC title among the batch (just coincidence, mind you... the luck of scheduling. Which title do I recommend? For starters, FF... a constant exemplary story and art combination, then there's Captain America and Bucky - a nice nostalgic romp into WWII - this featuring how Bucky got the respect of Namor (no small feat). Then there's Avengers Academy - great story, great characterization - just felt a bit rushed. They should have made this a giant sized issue.

New Guardians was a curiosity... and at the end of the issue, I'm still wondering where this is headed... so I can't really comment on it yet. Secret Avengers is a disappointment - the sooner they dish out team stories here the better... ironically, this was a team story - yet it did not feel that way. New Avengers was a waste of a milestone issue. Bendis sucks at writing; and Neal Adams... yes, the great Neal Adams does a guest stint - but his art seems uninspired... or is it Tom Palmer who's not up to par? Whatever the reason, this issue fails to reignite the magic of Adams' older works. A wasted opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment