Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 166, Sept 21, 2011

New Comics:

Yes, I try to get these on a weekly basis - but sometimes, I find it difficult to pass my regular shop until a few weeks have passed. In this instance, though, I was able to get there when the issues just recently arrived - and it pays to be a regular, since they do set aside some titles for me to buy. Plus, there's also the fact that I sometimes only get to read the issues I get after a few days later... when I can find some time (like now).

In this instance, I've got a few of D.C.s relaunch issues - while I continue to get some of Marvel's Fear Itself related titles. Of curious note here would be the Grifter issue, since this is the first time this character - a mainstay in Image back then, makes his debut in the D.C. universe. So yeah, I'm curious as to how they'll integrate the Image heroes into D.C.

Aside from the D.C. 52 (as they call it) and Marvel's Fear Itself titles, there's also (at least for this week) a bunch of X-men titles - specifically of interest would be Schism, where I read how the X-men presumably get split in the middle. As I read it, I've got mixed feelings about how the story is going... personally, surprised with how things are turning out. I mean, I have to admit to being a bit affected as I read the issue, sort of giving a reaction akin to saying 'stupid, they're both stupid' - wow... its been quite some time since I've done that. Bravo... and kudos to the creative team... not because I believe in the direction, but on getting a reaction from me. And here I thought I was jaded to this by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment