Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 349 Mar 22, 2012

New Comics:

If I were to look for certain constants in my life, based on the pictures this past year (and last year as well), I would have to say that comics would appear on a semi-regular basis. Then again, it shouldn't be surprising to ma - or anyone who knows me, that the hobby I have been enjoying for nearly 5 decades now, would prominently figure in my life.

I enjoy reading them... as I've surely said before. If not... well, its quite obvious, with all the pics I've posted regarding them. After all, I do collect them on a regular basis - hence it will not be more surprising if I so not show another batch of new acquisitions within the month... more so when one considers that I normally purchase these on a weekly basis. After all, they are marketed by spreading the titles across the 4-weeks of a month... this assures that there will always be comics coming out each and every week.

My collections are not limited to just one company (the way I used to just stick to Marvel, until DC came up with an interesting title (New Teen Titans) by a creative team made of ex-Marvel talents. Nowadays, aside from Marvel and DC, I dabble in a few IDWs (Rocketeer), Dynamite (Vampirella) and maybe even Dark Horse. These independents come up with great titles.stories that are hard to ignore. It is also indicative of the industry's health that such independents have the capacity to thrive. Soooo... expect that this will not be the last entry showing comics... not if I know me, and assuming there are no other, more interesting pics to show. After all, I'm willing to bump off comics pics for such unique shots. 




No comments:

Post a Comment