Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 332 Mar 05, 2012

Frazetta's Collected Works:

I've been a fan of Frank Frazetta ever since - well, ever since I saw his paintings in some magazines. Frank, after all, represented one of several famous fantasy painters, and it never hurt that his paintings had skimpily clad females , or muscle-bound barbarians, against monsters or aliens.

His colors were dynamic and at the same time dark. His images showed promises of great adventures... quests, or battles against great odds. If he painted villains, they were formidable looking. Had I been older and living in the U.S., I would have tried to commission Frazetta to do a painting for me, just to own an 'original Frazetta'. Lucky for me, these two volumes were printed. Now I can enjoy his works (comics and some sketch work), and my library is much richer for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment