Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 343 Mar 16, 2012

New wine:

I bought this a few days ago, with the hopes of trying it out in my birthday. Unfortunately, there was so much happening within the family; plus the fact that I've got classes running in the next day (today) that I could not really open a bottle and enjoy it.

Well tonight being a Friday evening, and with Ben arriving (along with mommy, Jude and yaya), I felt it was a better night to open said wine for Barbie and Ben to taste. What's on the picture is a marang wine - marang being some sort of fruit, belonging to the jack fruit family. That said, as we were taking this wine chilled, I could not help but notice that its sweetness hides a potent alcoholic drink.

Maybe the potency could be attributed to the fact that since its sweet, its easy to drink and therefore makes for a headier wine (in other words, people can tend to take it faster - hence get drunk faster. Thus, don't let the size fool you.

As the picture shows, this wine is of 2012 vintage... really new stuff, and I wonder if I should get a couple and just let it age. As always, I took the shot before partaking of the wine - not because I was worried I won't have a shot of the wine later (as I've a spare bottle waiting), but that I may not have great control fo my faculties later, to justify a great (or for that matter, a clear) shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment