Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 345 Mar 18, 2012

Cuenca birthday visit:

Every March, I make it a practice to visit my mom and sister; plus my other sister and her family, in Cuenca, Batangas. I time this to coincide with Tizza's and my birthday - plus Bernice's birthday as well... so it can be considered a triple celebration. With Gerry along, it becomes four celebrants for March.

As always, Tizza, Bing, Li and mama cook up a lot of food - and I always fail to taste everything... there's just too many options, with not enough stomach space. Besides, I don't really want to eat too much food as I'm watching my weight (though at times it seems like I'm watching it grow).

This picture shows Fred and Li in the process of getting food. It almost looks like they're getting the same dish as a prelude to a tug of war for the piece. Of course, the reality is that Li was helping Fred... as I said, food was aplenty, so definitely no grabbing and arguing ensued. Aside from the two, you can make out (clockwise from left) Mommy (Barbie's mom), Ben, my dad, and a bit further off... Patty and Gerry. Then there's an unrecognizable head behind that of Bryce, then Bernice and finally Clorian. Yup, you read right... my dad did show up to have lunch with us... a first, far as I can tell... though he had to leave early. Still, it was nice to have him there.

As usual, I looked forward to some strong Barako coffee right after lunch - in fact, I had two cups. This ensured I was not sleepy on the way back. Next visit will be timed with Bing's and Patty's birthday... that would be in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment