Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 344 Mar 17, 2012

Crane?

I'm not quite sure what kind of bird this is - but it does look like a small crane... except for the fact that cranes have longer necks, right?

The funny part is, I had not planned to take a picture of any bird - at least, I was not looking forward to doing such - and yet... when this white creature landed on that stump (if that is what you refer it as), and when I saw this opportunity, I decided to take the shot - not bothering to change my lens... fearful of the possibility that it would fly off as sudden as its arrival.

Well I'm glad it decided to stay a while - as it turns out, I could have changed lens with minutes to spare. I mean, it was literally resting there, while probably looking at its surroundings for possible food.

This bird is obviously a migratory visitor - one I hope to see more often of, as well as other species. I mean, this is hopefully not a rare occasion - and rather the start of nature giving us something great to look at - even if they just happen ot be passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment