Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 56, Jun 04, 2011

Dragon boats:

It seems to be the new cheap form of healthy, sporty living on the weekend (at least, it's what I saw on this Saturday morn). It's called a dragon boat, where people paddle on both sides of the boat - but you only use one paddle.

Naturally, precision timing and coordination is important, hence you normally have someone either shouting or beating a drum, so you all can coordinate your rhythm and have an optimizing effect with the boat's acceleration. All you need it proper coordination and your paddle. The boat, of course, has to be a given - but people form groups and practice at the Manila bay early morning. I mean, this photo was taken roughly around breakfast time (8am). What was I doing at the bay area? I had brought Bryce to school, and decided to wait for him while I enjoyed breakfast at Starbucks.

By the way, I used my telephoto lens to take this... that way, I need not have left the inside of Starbucks while clicking away. Cool environment, and great pics - coupled with wonderful coffee and a sandwich. Yeah... that's the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment