Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 47, May 26, 2011


Master Yoda:

This little statue was being sold in Fully Booked and with it came the little background that you see in the picture - but what you don't see is the little book of Yoda Quotes that is hidden in a special compartment in said background.

Normally I wouldn't just get such statues, but let's face it... Yoda has a special place in this Star Wars' fan's heart ever since Empire Strikes Back - which, by the way this particular Yoda portrays - not the younger version many people saw in the prelude episodes.

I still think Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film made amongst all the six... even if it looks kinda dated - effects-wise. Why so? I guess it's because we witness the desperation of the Alliance, the strength of the Empire, and the Determination of the story's heroes. I mean, it could have had so many things going against it... for one, the movie does not end the story right there - and we're all left waiting two years before finally witnessing Return,,, an okay film, if it were not for all the teddy bear looking Ewoks. Nope... if you remove the Ewoks part, then Return might have turned out to be a whole lot better.

Anyway, I used my flashbulb here - thus giving Yoda some harsh light. I was hoping to balance it out via post production editing, but I could not remove the brightness of the cloth seams to make it look more natural. Another lesson I still have to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment