Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 24, May 03, 2011

Dinner:

This is my typical dinner nowadays - grilled veggies care of Barbie and the grill plate I got her last year. I try to avoid eating rice in the evening whenever I can, and this grilled dish is actually (and surprisingly) delicious., It's mainly composed of bell pepper, eggplant, tomatoes, carrots and fresh greens - the only veggie not grilled.

Barbie uses extra virgin olive oil in both the grilling part and as salad dressing - with balsamic vinegar and topped with either feta cheese or whatever cheese you can find (I also use parmesan cheese when feta is not available). The juice beside the plate can be any citrus-based juice drink - in this case, I'm taking grapefruit. It's tanginess makes a nice counterbalance to the salad's taste.


One of the great discoveries about this kind of salad is how the grilled vegetables actually have a meaty taste - I kid not... heck, it even looks it in the picture - though don't expect porterhouse steak tastes. So I can actually imagine eating some meat while taking the salad.

Underlying benefits? I'm full but not stuffed with heaviness - and everything is healthy. That said, I'm no health buff - but I do know I have to watch what I eat. Eating this way though... I need not watch too closely.

Oh yeah... those bread sticks on the far side are garlic sticks. Another great addition to the dinner I've had and will occasionally have in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment