Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 22, May 01, 2011

Carps:

Yes, those are all carps out positioning each other for a possible morsel to be dropped to them by people with bread crumbs at the boardwalk of a lake (presumably man-made) found at the Nu Valley in Laguna. When I saw this many carps, I was surprised... I mean, I remember Mon once telling me a possible trick to use so fishes will approach my position for  more populous shot of fishes.

Well in this instance, I don't think said trick is both needed  - nor will work to further improve (as in further populate the area) for a better shot.

I took several shots in an unhurried manner since the fishes did not seem to be going anywhere - too busy jockeying for positions to get food. In this instance, I felt glad to take the pictures and at the same time a bit worried for the fishes - this kind of pushing can't be totally healthy for them.
Lest you think this is a case of overcrowded ponds, no way... the lake is vast, and the fishes have all the room - both depth and breadth to explore. It's just that they have gotten accustomed to being fed here, that they have the tendency to crowd around.


I hope to visit Nu Valley some other time, and hope to see these carps again.

No comments:

Post a Comment