Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 317, Feb 19, 2012

New Book:

I don't know if I bought a book on how to write comics before, I can't think of one right now. But even if I had, a book written by Stan is one that is hard to ignore. I bought another book (the companion to this one) on how to draw comics - and even if Stan was the main man in said book, it was more his collecting suggestions from others - or his comments in his capacity of being an editor stating what he was looking for in art, as opposed to his directly talking about his artistic experience.

But this new book... this is different. After all, Stan was the writer behind such hits as Fantastic Four, Spider-man, Avengers, Captain America, Thor... and a whole lot more. The Marvel (comics) Universe as we know it would possibly not have morphed into the force that it is without Stan's contributions on the writing and editing portion. Truth to say, he did not do it alone... but he sure was a cornerstone one cannot ignore.

So I definitely got this... not that I'm planning to come up with my own comic some time soon (but who knows?). Nope, my buying this book is more curiosity with what Stan 'the man' Lee has to say about writing comics from his decades of experience... not just from the technical perspective - but from the viewpoint of a thankful fan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment