Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 298, Jan 31, 2012

Product shoot:

Yup, I'm doing this - not professionally (as I'm not getting paid to do it), so that Barbie's office mate can use the pictures (this is just one of several) for presentation purposes.

Normally, they'd tap some other professional photographer - and chances are they still would, had this been a more formal marketing thrust. But in this case, the sudden need (so lack of time to contact a pro) and possibly even budgetary constraints, made Barbie think of me. Personally, I welcomed the challenge - after all, I've not been in too many product shoots (though there was the food blog which I could count).

I definitely learned a few lessons while doing this - foremost being I may need a product shoot tent (a small one) for times like this... and another is that I should use a tripod, as I tend to move... specially should this shoot last longer than a few minutes. I have this... in fact, I've got two tripods, so this should not be a problem for me.

Another possible lesson learned? I need to invest in lighting. So yeah... more lighting and the product tent. I'll need to save up for the light - as for the tent, I think I can get them easily enough in Greenhills. I've seen them in the past - I just did not think I'd be needing them - not yet, at least. Apparently, I was wrong. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment