Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 309, Feb 11, 2012

Weekend afternoon entertainment:

Every Saturday afternoon, the Promenade in Greenhills arranges as its entertainment a blind man (who's name escapes me as of this moment) to play with the grand piano that is located just a bit under the two crisscrossing escalators, rendering timeless classics  and relatively new hits alike. His voice is good, and it is a nice way for people who aren't too much on the go, to just sit back and watch him from the promenade's dining area - or, if you're like me, to sit back and enjoy coffee at the 2nd floor of the Figaro, where I can listen to his rendition of said songs.

In point of fact, this is not the first time I've heard him play. In fact, the first time, I literally just sat down and watch him do his pieces - that is, until I had to leave Promenade - or, as in another time, I stayed until he had done his set.

This particular shot had to be accomplished with my telephoto lens from the 2nd floor - then I just needed to crop all the unnecessary background 'noise' to try and focus on the man ans the piano. Yeah... soon as I remember his voice, I'll post it here so I can be fair to the man. Meanwhile, I hope to hear him play again, in some future weekend when I'm in Greenhills (which is almost every weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment