Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 306, Feb 08, 2012

Early Birds:

I've seen these birds show up at times - and I can say that its a species that I've not seen when I was young. They're roughly 3 times bigger than your typical brown maya birds - yet as they seem to be appearing more frequently, I can't say I've got anything against them.

First time I saw such a species was in Johnson and Johnson, and I was obviously curious about them - and tried getting a picture. At best (as this was during my pre-telephoto lens days), I would capture a picture that had them at a distance... and I would be a bit frustrated that this was as good as it would get - until I got my zoom lens that is.

This particular picture was definitely unplanned. As I got out of the car, en route to the Accenture office in McKinley, I spotted these two perched at the makeshift fence that the car had backed up on. I grabbed my camera, carefully (so as not to startle the birds) changed lens, leaned on my car's roof for support - and shot a few pics of them. Apparently, they were grooming themselves  - probably just got up (notice how sleepy they still look in the picture?), and were preparing for the day ahead. Lucky me, I was in the right place, at the right time. It's situations or opportuniites like this that I bring my camera around.

No comments:

Post a Comment