Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 356 Mar 29, 2012

Turkish Delights:

This is me discovering this delicatessen - a little something brought back for us by Brian. It's know by its more familiar 'Turkish Delights' label... or Lukum by the Turkish and/or Arabic people.

My first impression when taking it? Its got a powedery cover - much like our local espasol, so eating it can be a bot of a powdery mess... just saying. But unlike the espasol that has a bland taste as only ground root crops tend to have, these lukum come in different and for the most part, sweet flavor.

I don't know if they happen to be done this way all the time (it is my first taste of it remember?), but based on my first impression, it is good. Sort of like a fruity flavored orange jelly - it you've tasted those... but not just orange, and instead of the usual sugar coating... as I said, more like confectionery (powdery) sugar is used. Personally, its good, and I have it on good authority that it goes great with Turkish coffee - which I still need to look for.

This is another Instagram picture... and yes, it also covers my picture as part of my photoblog - the last one being about 10 pictures ago. Yes, I know... not too far off - but this is a 'first' event. I mean, think of it... 51 years before I even got to taste these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment