Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 191, Oct 16, 2011

Grasshopper:

This picture was taken with my zoom lens - as we were visiting Daddy in the hospital, I spied this grasshopper hanging on the light diffuser within the hospital's corridors - specifically, by the door leading to daddy's room.

Never mind how it got here (we were on the 5th floor, so it either flew up and into the floor, or it crawled up - then decided to fly and cling to the diffuser), this was an opportunity to take a picture of this insect. I tried to compensate for the florescent light's brightness, to capture the grasshopper's details. Shadowy parts were less than expected - which is good, and I used my camera's flash to somehow counter the back-light effects (which would have resulted in a silhouette) and hopefully balance the grasshopper's look. I was simply glad to get a picture... and upon review of this particular shot, I was elated to realize that the grasshopper was (seemingly?) looking at me; and its eyes were relatively captured in the picture. Cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment