Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 165, Sept 20, 2011

While waiting:

As I'm partnered with Tess for Testing, we normally half the conduct's lecture and exercise portions - and in this particular day, Tess has opted to do the morning portion, leaving me free to catch up on my reading and do other necessities (like charging my phone).

As you can see, my reading materials for now consist of knowing more of Jack Welch and GE, and if I find that too tiring a read, I also brought with me the Liberty Legion compilation.

I won't be surprised if few people get the reference, after all, few people would have followed the Liberty Legion's adventures - with no real A-lister as part of this World War II homefront team, and my finding out about them was relatively an accident all those years back. But find the issue they got together I did - and better, it got me to realize that there was another comic called the Invaders - this time, consisting of A-listers like Cap, Namor and the Torch. Still, I did miss out on a few stories of this team. This compilation gives me that chance... to both relive the enjoyment of reading the issues - and the chance to read up on certain issues I had a hard time finding back then.

I'd say, this is a swell manner to spend my time, as I await my turn to lecture, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment