Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 189, Oct 14, 2011

3rd Alternative:

This is the newly released book by Steven Covey (of 7 Habits fame), and when I saw this in National Bookstore, I just had to get it. I mean, I was really curious as to what new ideas Steven would share in this tome - and even if I had another book I was still in the middle of reading, I had to momentarily drop that book in favor of reading this one.

So how is it so far? Too early to tell, of course, but he reinforces some ideas that I practice in Coaching - and I was really amazed that we had a lot of ideas in said coaching that were apparently lifted from Covey's ideas. In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't be surprised... and after all, it is Covey - so what better source to get the ideas from, right?

As for new ideas, its surprisingly not really that new... but Covey presents it in a unique manner - and he even creates a model for it. I guess that's what makes him a best selling author.

No comments:

Post a Comment