Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 190, Oct 15, 2011

New Stash:

Nowadays, Saturdays happen to be new comics day for me - which normally means I try to make sure I go to Greenhills in the afternoon, because this is the usual time the new batch of comic books arrive in the Filbars store.

This week happens to present a few exciting choices - the X-men titles are surprisingly good these days, SHIELD's latest title came out too - always a welcome surprise... though this one did not have any eureka or OMG moment, it still was great to read.

The Thor was slightly humorous and interesting, with the Silver Surfer turning human (at least in form... not sure yet about powers), Batgirl is great to read on its 2nd issue, and I really like Amazing Spider-man, in fact anime style aside, the cover has to be one of the better covers that has come out. I really hope they'd come out with a poster about this - one preferably done by a very great artist. FF is - as usual, a wonderful issue. I'm curious as to where its going, but I'm not worried about its direction... and if teasers are any indication, it looks like the Fantastic Four will be reformed (meaning the Human Torch will return). Then there's the kinda okay issues like Avengers and Batman and Robin... though the latter is better than the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment