Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 186, Oct 11, 2011

Reading materials while recovering from the Flu:

You read right... I'm sick and I think it was because I sweated a lot while exposed to a lot of strong wind in last Sunday's fun fun that wasn't. That said, I really should take better care of myself, as I have not had a decent rest in a long time. Weekends would find me doing one thing or another (usually driving), and weekdays - like yesterday, I was teaching/training until I could not hack it anymore.

I literally had to go to the clinic yesterday and rest for almost half the day. Today... I'm bed-ridden, though not totally down I can't post this (though it can be a struggle to think what to say). That said, these are two arcs that I have not reread in a long time. The Iron Man and Doc Doom clash in Camelot - when it first appeared, was a great read... and to think I stumbled upon it by accident, plus the fact that I was not really an Iron Man collector back then - but great stories will do that for me. I even remember letting Ricky (old high school friend - and we were in college when this came out) read the comic. See, he had stopped collecting around this time - and prides himself with his Iron Man collection. Well, after reading it, he was sorely tempted to get back into collecting Iron Man.

As for the Guardians of the Galaxy, I also got to follow them in their debut... and later, with the Defenders, as I was collecting Defenders back then. You see, I wanted to start with certain titles that I felt were not too far off in their issue numbering... or ones that offered me a nice jumping on point. I had done it with the All New, All Different X-men, and I was likewise collecting Defenders for the same thing. Guardians was a nice concept... but somehow, it did not continue. Ah well... back to resting... and reading... and taking my medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment