Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 327 Feb 29, 2012

New stash:

There are weeks when comics arrive in trickles... others in droves. This particular week is an example of the latter... at least, for me. I had recently purchased some issues, only to realize that the next week's supposed batch likewise arrived - thus making me spend a lot. Lucky for me, this particular instance was close to the month-end, and I was able to get these issues (and more) just because I got my pay for the February conducts.

That said, what am I looking forward to? For starters - Aquaman... this time, focusing on Merra and a new artist who's name sounds a lot like a Filipino's. Then there's I Vampire, a decidedly different story - but worth reading. Iron man is another great title these days... perfect combination of story and art magnificence.  The others are likewise interesting... but the three I've mentioned are great issues I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a glimpse of what comics can be when they're good. Lest I forget, another issue that is part of this batch and worth reading is Avengers Academy.

That said, today marks the fact that it is a leap year.... just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment