Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 9, April 18, 2011

Searching for Askals:

Sunday afternoons aren't typically times for us - our family; that is, to be out in the open hot sun - even under the roof of a stadium, to watch a football match, more so a practice session match between two unknown teams. And yet, here we were - at the Makati University football field, observing some Askals in action. Don't ask me who, though... football isn't really a sport I follow with great interest... even in this sudden interest with a Philippine football team that was able to achieve things beyond expectations... and are now finding themselves the new sports public and media darlings.

We did not get to see the entire team, of course, nor did we spot the more familiar (I would say, media favorite guys) were not visibly present... but yeah, this gave me an opportunity to practice tacking pictures from afar (in the stadium) to see if I could get great action shots. 

Well, it seems that I could - but I realized that I would have to follow the ball a lot faster - to predict where it would go and hope that the players would react in a picture-perfect manner. Lord knows I missed a lot of opportunities - which means I had not been diligently following the game at all... something for me to consider next time I find myself in a similar situation.

So until the next time I go Askal watching, I have a clearer idea of what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment