Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 10, April 19, 2011

U2K2 Cafeteria:

I'm not at liberty to talk about project U2K2, in fact, the only reason I can even mention U2K2 here is because the acronym is cryptic enough to mean little to anyone outside the project... and it's members have been give jerseys and shirts with the U2K2 emblem (the same on in the picture background) - so that part isn't exactly secretive or sensitive - heck, a Goggle search would give anyone a very good idea of the project itself. However, such is the life of information security - and though it may not warrant the attention of James Bond types, it still is considered serious enough as it involves a global corporate's infrastructure being set up.

What I am showing you would be tantamount to a non-sensitive location - the eating place for the project's personnel... the place where I will be eating for the duration of the project. Yup... this is my life for the short term - and it will involve a lot of eating free food (catered), drinking a lot of tea - as I try to lessen my coffee consumption while I'm at it... and the fact that brewed coffee is being offered for free does not help me either, but I try to persevere... as I equally persevere with my new responsibilities.

So... as the U2K2 project's broad brush strokes may be considered public domain - it's details are not. This is another reason I have not brought my DSLR with me all the time - just being careful in my first days of working with the new client, though I will find prudent use of my Blackberry's camera just to keeep my photoblog going . 

On the other hand, should the project  - or corporation have 'media events' I may consider bringing said DSLR to capture such events.

No comments:

Post a Comment