Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 205, Oct 30, 2011

Ferns and Fountain:

This is the fountain in the De La Sallle Medical Center in Dasmarinas, Cavite. The reason I'm here is because we are visiting dad in the ICU. The fountain is found in a second floor garden, and it really tries to give a serene backdrop - complete with a small chapel for prayer. I like listening to the sound the water makes as it trickles down, and the visual of the ferns help soothe the view with a calming and cooling effect.

As I understand it, this is for patients who wish to pray, reflect and hopefully recover - barring that, it then can become a place where they can contemplate their life and consider any loose ends. My being here was not for any of those - heaven forbid I need to consider all those any time soon, but to capture some pictures - anything to keep my mind from thinking of dad's predicament too much. To be blunt, he's not doing well in his fight with Cancer, and it does put a downer on everyone. In that sense, this garden - and the photos I take, help me think of more pleasant matters - not as an avenue for escapism... but a manner of gathering strength. I just wish I could ask Barbie and her siblings to likewise gather some strength in this garden - to be better prepared for the inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment