Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 202, Oct 27, 2011

Unscheduled purchase:

Not complaining, mind you. Its just that I got these comics at least a day (or two) earlier than from where I normally get them.

Its not really a practice of mine to take a peek at Robinson's Galleria, and check the comic shop there - neither is it my usual practice to want my comics hot off the plane... not really. Yet when opportunity shows itself, I would be foolish not to get them when I can. In this case, I got Nightwing and Catwoman 2 earlier - but these were not the only issues I got. I found a difficult to find cross-over between the Legion of Superheroes and Star Trek... and as I read this issue, it still has yet to show the actual cross-over, so its still a mystery. Its as if the writer is having some difficulty integrating them and is bidding some time for the right moment - of course, to us readers, it would have been great had this happened in the first issue. Ah well...

Next hard to find items are issues one and two of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu - a Spider Island cross over. Its main focus is Shang Chi battling a possessed Queen of Spiders who's captured the rest of the immortal warriors (including Iron Fist)... its interesting - but I don't know if its really worth pursuing to the end - did I mention its just a 3 issue mini series? Oh well... at least these got me reading and therefore avoided an otherwise boring half day as I await my turn to lecture in the ongoing PM (for project management) class.

No comments:

Post a Comment