Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 162, Sept 17, 2011

Drew who?

I'm serious. I've never heard of Drew Struzan until I saw this book in Fully Booked - positioned right below the front of the cashier's desk/table. I, of course, recognize the characters and posters in the front cover of Drew's book - and being a frustrated movie poster collector (it never flew off yet... but I hope to get to these some time soon), I knew a great piece of movie poster work when I saw one... and boy, does Drew (or should I say 'did' since Drew's officially retired from doing these kinds posters) draw great posters.

Well, I was visibly intrigued enough, so I decided to purchase this hardbound coffee table book - and yes, it is a very good coffee table book - meaning had I a great coffee table, I would not hesitate displaying this book, along with a few others, on the coffee table.

My only concern, should I ever have one, is the fact that this book (and possibly the others I intend to display with this) will be too tempting a piece to borrow... and I would have to turn down such requests. After all, I see coffee table books as conversation pieces, or maybe a welcome entertaining distraction as one awaits another - be it for an appointment or just a plain social activity. Yeah... looks like I'm subconsciously collecting coffee table books before said posters - after all, you need not frame these books - but I would surely have them covered with plastic first.

No comments:

Post a Comment