Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 153, Sept 8, 2011

Studying for what? 

This entire week has been a free week for me with respect to not having any training assignment - and part of the reason for this is that I'm expected to study for a new course - one that I feel won't have any participants any time soon - not because its a lousy course, but because its too long a course to be takne by the people that needs it the most... namely the Analysts.

Let me explain why I think this way... a) most projects with the necessary targeted people will find it difficult to find five days so that their staff will be freed up from the project and/or work, to be able to attend said training.  b) from how I understand things these days, people are asked to take their training when they have free time (i.e. non-chargeable time), and i may not know the entire mechanics of this - but I do know that people are now asked to sacrifice their free time (leaves or Saturdays?) to do this. Neither situation gets people up and thinking that they can take the training whenever they need it - so rather than promoting the attendance to any training, the effect is that people are dissuaded from attending such training - if they feel dissuaded with this on your typical one to two-day course... what more the 5-day one?

Until people are allowed to attend training without repercussions from their Senior Exec/PM or whoever else is the project leadership, people will think twice about training... and attendance will not be as strong as before - where attending training was par for the course. Until that happens again, I'm afraid this particular training will not be chosen. 

I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment