Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 40, May 19, 2011

Marco shot:

This is a picture of a plant I took - out of a sense of... well, curiosity. I wanted to take a shallow depth shot - a macro shot, if you will.

As before, I optedo come in close and focus on the closer leaves... trying to blur out the rest.

I must say that the effect was more dramatic than expected for me - pleasantly so. Unfortunately, it also means I've yet to really master the technique. How will I know I've done this mastering thing? I guess it will happen when I can remember settings that I need to use to come up with a desired effect. But to look at a picture and feel surprised or elated at tis outcome? I don't think I will ever get over that. Neither, do I think will any master of the craft for that matter.

A nice picture - and I did not have to make any post-production editing, as they say. In fact, one of the things this picture reminds me of are the old 3D movies that have these kind of shots with the image stretching out of the screen going to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment