Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 38, May 17, 2011

New stash:

Yes, I got to buy a few new titles today, and a couple of these are revolving around the FF (previously referred to as the Fantastic Four, but until recently has had a name change to Future Foundation), and Avengers (counting Cap and Spidey as members).

Of said bunch, let me just sing praises for Johnathan Hickman's FF, followed by Secret Avengers, which, unfortunately will see Brubaker leaving the helm of writer. Hope the new writer can come up with equally compelling stories. Other than that, it was just simply some Batman Inc. and a JSA annual (seeing as I somehow stopped collecting JSA) which I wanted to look at - specially since it's a one shot issue. Weakest title in the bunch? New Avengers - as the story seems to have a dichotomy between Bendis and Chaykin. The premise was weak, and the pacing awkward. Then again, what did I expect? Not much, to say honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment