Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 31, May 10, 2011

Ice Cream:

This is what I call my Valencia (meaning Orange flavored - coming from the fact that Oranges were once connected to the name Valencia... a possible point of origin for shipping Oranges before) flavored cooler. It's made of Manila Vanilla (a.k.a. Mantecado - which is a richer buttermilk variety)  flavored ice cream - thus giving it a slightly yellower color than your plain vanilla ice cream.

Added to this are some Orange flavored Kit Kats; I think these are just trial products - I've never seen them before, and I doubt I'll be seeing them all the time, in which case, this will be a rare treat... unless demand for Orange-flavored Kit Kats hit the ceiling and they decide to make this offshoot version a regular, and regularly come out with such a  flavor. To complete the rare treat, I add a dash of Cointreau - an orange flavored liqueur.

Now, since the Vanilla is a neutral flavor (or as neutral as its going to get) the orange taste will naturally stand out - giving the vanilla just enough of a contrast against its milky flavor... and no, I think choosing an orange flavored ice creme might be too monotonous a combination - not to mention harder to find. Now... imagine all these flavors mixing in you mouth - the coolness of the ice cream, with the contrasting slightly bitter sweet flavor of Cointreau (not to mention its being a liqueur and therefore a bit hot to the stomach, plus the chocolate crunchiness and orange flavor of this Kit Kat.


How does one describe this treat? I guess the best way to say it would be 'yummy', or if you prefer more sophistication to the answer, I'd go with exquisite or heavenly. In fact, I once described this as heavenly sinful.



No comments:

Post a Comment